Use and Care of your new Copperware
Thanks so much for purchasing copperware from The Spirit Haüs! Copper vessels have been used for storing water for thousands of years in India to create “tamara jal”. According to Ayurvedic principles, tamara jal helps align the three doshas in your body, (vata, kapha and pitta). In addition to the Aruvedic properties, copper has also been proven to have anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. The item you have purchased is handmade in India by one of our partners and requires a bit of special care to keep it in top condition.
Please make sure you thoroughly clean and dry your copper vessel when you get home.
To make copper water, simply fill up your vessel before you go to bed and let the water sit overnight. Drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to help start your day. Clean and dry thoroughly after every use.
Cleaning and Care of Copperware:
- To clean copperware, use a gentle soap solution and a soft cloth. Harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning utensils can damage these handcrafted vessels. After rinsing, dry with a soft cloth to help prevent tarnishing.
- If copperware is lacquered, mix 2 cups warm water with 2 tablespoons of mild soap. Spray on bottle and let sit for a few minutes. Wipe off with a soft cloth and rinse with warm water. Dry afterward with a soft cloth to dry.
- Tarnishing is common, and is a chemical reaction between the copper and surrounding air. This reaction changes the colour of the vessel. Since the vessel is being used daily, it is essential to wash every day.
- To clean tarnished copper, cut a lemon slice and dip in salt. Rub this all over the vessel, including the inside. Let sit for a few seconds and thoroughly rinse and dry the vessel after.
- Tamarind paste may also be used to help with varnishing. Rub all over the vessel, let sit a minute or two, and rinse and dry thoroughly after.
- Additionally you can also use vinegar and salt to clean. Mix two parts vinegar to one part salt and apply or spray over copper vessel. Let sit for a few seconds, then rinse and dry.
- For any sticky or greasy residue, please use a mild soap solution and water to clean.
- The threads must be aligned properly to seal bottle. Please take extreme care when tightening lid on bottle. If threads are catching or grinding, a small amount of food grade lubricant or coconut oil can be applied to help. A small amount will do, as too much will attract dust.
- DO clean copperware after every use
- DO follow your Doctors advise when taking copper water.
- DO make sure to line up threads on bottles carefully! Misaligning or overtightening can damage your bottle.
- DON’T preheat or use your copperware for hot beverages
- DON’T use in in the microwave
- DON’T use these vessels for any other beverages besides water.
- DON’T store any milk products in the copperware as it will react and can damage your vessel.
- DON’T put your copperware in the dishwasher.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at email@example.com.